Humio supports Pagerduty alerts through our Notifier system.
To create a PagerDuty Notifier you need to create a “Service”
in your PagerDuty Account (Note that you have to be an admin in PagerDuty).
You do that by performing the following steps:
Services and select
Add New Service.
- Give your service a name, i.e. “Humio”.
- Under Integration Settings select “Use our API directly” under Integration Type. “Events API v2”, should be the default and also what we’re using for this notifier.
- Leave the rest as default and hit
- Take note of the Integration Key as we’ll be using that in Humio when setting up the notifier.
Back in Humio proceed with the following steps
- Open the Repo or View for which you want to configure a notifier.
- Select the Alerts menu item and go to Notifiers. Hit New Notifier.
- In the Notifier Type drop down select PagerDuty.
- Give the Notifier a name, i.e. “PagerDuty Critical”.
- Paste the integration key from PagerDuty into the PagerDuty Integration Key field.
- Hit Create Notifier.
Your PagerDuty notifier is now fully configured and ready to use.
You can create multiple PagerDuty notifiers i.e. if you have multiple alerting channels.
Next, you might want to configure an Alert.